Wednesday 18 April 2012

Selfish Phase

Some days ago I learned that my parents plans to sell their home ; my childhood home and also my only home, apart from dorm when I studied far away from home in University. I'm saddened by that fact.

But I guess it had to happen some day, but in my mind I imagined that by that time my brother or I would be able to either by it or inherit it and then the other house would be left to either me or my brother. When my mother retires they plan to sell their home and move to our summer house instead.

And yes the house has a hobby room, it's my mother's she does her handicrafts in there. Dad has the garage which really isn't a garage.

I have never really liked the summer house that much, it's boring there nothing to do and it's in the middle of nowhere. Yet it is close to the sea and the family pets really enjoy spending time there.

All good things have to come to an end at some point in time I guess. And well, I've been accused of being many things in my life; selfish, egocentric, narcisstic and you name it, the biggest trial in Norway's and maybe even the world started three days ago. People who think that I am just don't know me well enough, that's my weakness; I don't allow people to get too close too me.

Maybe this is who I always will be or maybe it's just a selfish phase and nothing else or bigger than that.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:


Small Ranting

First Person Plural

Without Them

Birth Culture

Where Is Home

No comments:

Post a Comment