Sunday 25 December 2011

Obvious Opinions

I'm truely sorry that things didn't turn out the way we both imagined that it would, you must be disappointed in me and my behaviour although you never uttered a word. I thought I could abandon my Swedish values and replace them with Korean values but that task seems impossible and overbearing to me. I was foolish, I didn't believe I had that many values to replace but I was wrong I know that now.

I just wonder where we go from here, I'd like to become more Korean but I guess time has turned me into more of a Swede. I'm not like any other of your children or sisters, I'm strongheaded, independent and I act and behave more like a Swede than a Korean. For instance I can't imagine becoming a shy and timid housewife, I would never stay married to someone if they misstreated me. A failed marriage with one or two kids, is totally fine in my book. I would continue working after my wedding and I can't imagine staying home and raise my children I'd like to work to earn a living instead. I could even imagine moving far away from the parents that raised me, even overseas it doesn't mean I love them any less or would forget everything that has been.

So maybe I'm more like an Oppa than a younger Noona/Yuhdongseang because of my independent lifestyle.... But do they love me any less ?

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:


Reconnecting


Feminism

Ibyang

Daughter Or Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment